Sunday, December 27, 2009

Introduction

I thought I would start a blog so I didn't have to spend all day creating yet another website for the puppies. So if you're here, hello.

Our litter's website: http://www.maculated.com/Tara/litters.html


Who am I?
You might know me from my work with the Australian Shepherd Club of America, I've been serving on committees and just got off the board of directors after a three year term. I've competed in pretty much every venue (not rally), and I've been around since I was twelve years old, when I got my very first Aussie after reading up on them and then literally writing a 20-page paper for my parents convincing them why I should get a dog.

I spent my high school years thinking about the next dog I would get (I'm a one-dog kinda gal) and she had to be red merle. I wanted a working line dog. I really wanted what I considered to be a true Aussie.

And then I ended up with Fury.

And I can write about her forever, but I already did, here: http://www.maculated.com/Tara/fury.html

The story of this litter

Over time, I've decided that the Fury has a part in the future of the Australian Shepherd. She's of the kind of stock that Jay Sisler started with: high-drive, high-talent, biddable dogs that I really don't see a lot of and know that there are people out there who, given the right set of management skills, could use.

Who: Because of that, I started to ask around about possible dogs who might reinforce that and also not be a huge outcross to what I have while I establish a line of dogs. Again and again, I came back to Anne Jesperson's Ben, whom I had seen grow from a puppy via the AussieBoard. I've always liked his pedigree, as it's similar to my dog's - a mix of established lines and real-life working ranch dogs (and a linebreeding on Slash V Chickaspike who has proven to be a very influential sire), and I love his looks. He's got a bit more bone and a nice structure that I think should compliment my own dog's.

Here's a link to Ben's "about me" website: Birch Hollow's Habenero

I love that Ben works independently without a lot of direction and can really read his stock. He was recommended by third parties for precisely this reason.

Desired Outcome: This litter is designed to produce the same kind of high-drive, hot-to-work dog that the Fury and Ben are. **They are NOT ideal for homes that won't put them to work, nor are they a good choice for someone's first working Aussie.** But they should be the kind of dog that allows you to do what you want: whether it's trial/exhibition or real-life working situations (these homes are preferred). They are, in essence, what I believe the quintessential Aussie should be, and that isn't for everyone. Also, please note: the puppies will *not be elligible for AKC registration.* They are ASCA only.






Pedigree of:


[Potential Offspring]
WTCh Birch Hollows Habenero HRDIIs
Red C/W F=6.74%
3/28/2006
Birch Hollows Dash O Whiskey OTDc STDs DNA-VP
Red C/W AS-17078G24M-PI F=4.54%
E109896 DL83922201
5/26/2000
WTCH Hangin Tree Dude PATDcs RD RTDcs DNA-CP
E61004 DL81203401
Holmbergs Prairie Wildfire RTDcds RTDs OTDsdc HRD-IIs HTD-Is DNA-VP
E94214 DL80877301
Andrews Tyche
Red C/W F=17.98%
E148394
6/24/2005
Slash V Andrews Redchickaspike OTDc
E76166
Dairyanns Lazy H Slash
C-Me Fury And the Mire of Tara STDc RS-E, JS-E, GS-O, DNA-VP
Red Merle W AS-21383G32F-PI F=8.35%
E126072
1/29/2003
Slash V Skipa Star STDs DNA-CP
Black W RF AS-16485G24M-NOPI F=8.19%
E112696
12/26/1999
WTCHDiamond S Sam PATDs
E78525
Slash V Key To Success STDsc RD
E58681
WTCH C-Me Amandas Purdy Red Murial RTDcs DNA-CP
Red Merle W AS-15432G45F-NOPI F=3.80%
E85677
11/6/1996
Slash V Andrews Redchickaspike OTDc
E76166
Andrews Little Blue Tazmanian
E78505

No comments:

Post a Comment