Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Little girls . . .

Fury’s just barely 17”, and she’s adorable, but geez. When I bred her to Ben, I was hoping to “fix” that, but I also knew it was such a close line breeding, it might be pretty strong.

Result? It’s pretty strong. The boys are nearing 50 lbs right now, so I guess they’re pretty big dudes (I hope to see Reid soon), but the girls are petite! I think the only one that is gonna make 18” is Rippa (Emma maybe, but haven’t checked in with her for a while.)

So, of course, just like Miss Fury, Rippa is asked all the time if she’s a mini. So I bought her a coat at the Outdoor Retailer show, and Yishai had it embroidered with a logo and a message:

62693_773645975165_6408172_43191057_2022044_n

It says, if you can’t see it, “I’m not a mini, I’m the Lil Rippa.”

That’s right. :)

1 comment:

  1. Haha, love it! "I'm the lil Rippa" :-)

    I can't talk for anyone but myself, but I'd rather have a small aussie than a big aussie. My aussie My is 18.5 inches and she is "strong as a rottweiler" already. I tend to look at aussies like dogs that is (or should be) "big" on the inside (personality, instincts, "way of being") while being small moderate dogs on the outside.

    ReplyDelete